Developmental Psychology Podcasts
- The Psychology Podcast with Dr. Scott Barry Kaufman
- Parenting in the Rain with Jackie Flynn, Ed.S., LMHC, RPT
- NPR: Stories About Developmental Psychology
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin
- This Is Psychology Podcast
Whether you are a college psychology student, a psychological professional, or someone who just wants to learn more about the human lifespan, you will enjoy these five developmental psychology podcasts. They are diverse enough to appeal to every interest, and they bring the perfect balance of education and entertainment. You are sure to find in this list some excellent companions for commutes, road trips, and long walks.
Dr. Scott Barry Kaufman is best known for his work on intelligence and creativity. As these are two of the central themes in developmental psychology, The Psychology Podcast with Dr. Scott Barry Kaufman is an excellent listen for those interested in this subfield. He records insightful conversations with some of the best minds in the field, covering riveting topics such as learning, disabilities, and the development of a psychopath.
You do not have to be a parent, someone who works with children, or even someone who likes children to appreciate Parenting in the Rain with Jackie Flynn. Doctor Flynn dives deep into the darkest challenges of raising children today, and she offers insight about how to overcome them. Regardless of your personal relationship with children, they are the future adults of society, so everyone has a stake in the outcome of their rearing. It is not just parents and teachers who shape children’s development, it is also the society they grow up in.
Those looking for the best collection of a wide variety of developmental psychology topics will enjoy NPR: Stories About Developmental Psychology. These podcasts are hosted by highly educated and experienced professionals, yet told anecdotally, so they are truly entertaining. They follow the seasons, current events, hot topics, and multicultural trends, making them highly relevant and relatable to all listeners.
An enormous part of developmental psychology is concerned with how humans find and maintain happiness across the lifespan. This varies not only by age but also by many aspects of culture. Happier with Gretchen Rubin is a podcast continuation of her hit book, The Happiness Project. In this book, she dives deep into the evolution of happiness and how we can use that knowledge to find happiness in modern society and in the darkest of times. This podcast provides a great resource for recovering from a difficult day or setting out on a challenging excursion.
5. This is Psychology Podcast
Those who want to challenge themselves intellectually will enjoy This is Psychology with Dr. Normal B. Anderson. This is a video podcast, so it is great for when you have some downtime and a screen. The purpose of this podcast is to educate listeners on the most cutting-edge psychological research. The information can be complex, but you will walk away much more psych-savvy. The topics include everyday experiences and current issues, from workplace happiness and weight loss to immigration, so the information is also highly relevant to a wide variety of listeners.
At the end of the day, developmental psychology is the study of humans and all the experiences we have throughout the lifespan. Developmental psychology is something we live every day. Some of it is beyond our control, and we find ways to cope. Other aspects we take into our own hands and need guidance on how to do so. Our interactions with others further shape our development. Developmental psychology is relevant to us all, and these five podcasts provide enjoyable opportunities for learning and growth.
- What Personality Characteristics are Important for Psychologists
- 10 Most Affordable Online Developmental Psychology Online Programs
- 5 Characteristics of a Developmental Psychologist
- 5 Conferences About Developmental Psychology
- 5 Differences Between Clinical and Developmental Psychology
- 5 Internship Opportunities in Developmental Psychology
- 5 Job Settings for Developmental Psychologists
- 5 Jobs With a Degree in Developmental Psychology
- 5 Scholarships for Developmental Psychology
- 5 TED Talks on Developmental Psychology
- Do I Need a PhD to Be a Developmental Psychologist?
- How Do Developmental Psychologists Assist the Elderly?
- How Do You Become a Developmental Psychologist?
- What Degree is Necessary to Become a Developmental Psychologist?
- What Types of Careers Are in Developmental Psychology?
- What is a Developmental Psychologist?