Developmental Psychology Conferences
- Boston University Congress on Language Development
- Cognitive Development Society
- Jean Piaget Society
- Societies for Research in Child Development and Adolescence
- International Congress on Infant Studies
As a developmental psychologist, you are interested in how people and systems change over time. Your field of interest itself changes in much the same way, so it is crucial that developmental psychologists stay current in the field through attending professional development initiatives such as conferences. Read this article to learn about the 5 developmental psychology conferences you should attend in 2018.
1. Boston University Conference on Language Development
Language is a central tenants of developmental psych. Boston University holds an annual conference on language development. Here you will collaborate with others to learn about current research and best practices in language development and its influence on individual and social experiences at every phase of the lifespan. Visit the home page for the 2017 conference to get a feel for what you will experience in 2018.
2. Cognitive Development Society
Cognitive development is one of the most cutting edge specializations within developmental psych. The Cognitive Development Society holds an annual conference to gather professionals for rich discussions and workshops on current cognitive development information and practices. The 2017 conference was in October; explore the home page to find out what you have to look forward to in 2018.
Recommended reading: 10 Most Affordable Online Developmental Psychology Online Programs 2018
3. Jean Piaget Society
Jean Piaget was the founding father of developmental psychology. The Jean Piaget Society holds a conference every year to celebrate Piaget’s contributions by bringing together developmental psychologists from across the world to discuss the latest developments. The 48th Annual Conference will be held May 31 to June 2, 2018 in Amsterdam. The theme is The Dynamics of Development: Process, (Inter-)Action, & Complexity. They are currently accepting presentation submissions.
4. The Societies for Research in Child Development and Adolescence
If you are most interested in child or adolescent development, both the Societies for Research on Child Development and Adolescence offer opportunities. The National Research Conference on Early Childhood will be held June 25 to 27, 2018 in Arlington, VA. They are currently accepting submissions for presentations. The 2018 Society for Research on Adolescence Biennial Meeting will be held April 12 to 14 in Minneapolis, MN.
5. International Congress on Infant Studies
If 2018 is the year you devote to infant development, the 21st International Congress on Infant Studies Biennial Congress will meet June 30 to July 3, 2018 in Philadelphia, PA. The mission of ICIS is to guide developmental psychologists across the globe towards building the strongest knowledge base possible in order to promote healthy development from life’s beginning.
Make sure you are remaining current on trending issues and discoveries in developmental psychology by attending one or more more of these great conferences.
- What Personality Characteristics are Important for Psychologists
- 10 Most Affordable Online Developmental Psychology Online Programs
- 5 Characteristics of a Developmental Psychologist
- 5 Developmental Psychology Podcasts
- 5 Differences Between Clinical and Developmental Psychology
- 5 Internship Opportunities in Developmental Psychology
- 5 Job Settings for Developmental Psychologists
- 5 Jobs With a Degree in Developmental Psychology
- 5 Scholarships for Developmental Psychology
- 5 TED Talks on Developmental Psychology
- Do I Need a PhD to Be a Developmental Psychologist?
- How Do Developmental Psychologists Assist the Elderly?
- How Do You Become a Developmental Psychologist?
- What Degree is Necessary to Become a Developmental Psychologist?
- What Types of Careers Are in Developmental Psychology?
- What is a Developmental Psychologist?